I saw my supervisor eating something like a spinach "muffin" the other day and I thought it looked healthy. I learned that it was an Italian dish called "spinach souffle," so I created my own version of it. I think this is quite different from the original spinach souffle and it looks more like a lasagna (without the carbs).
|This is fresh from the oven!|
A pound of spinach
1 red pepper (diced)
1/2 yellow pepper (diced)
Vermont Cheddar (5 slices, diced) - feel free to add more cheese
8 Egg whites
3 Egg yolks
1 Portobello (diced)
Milk 1 cup
Milk 1 cup
Salt & Pepper
Olive oil 2tbsp
Garlic 2 cloves (minced)
Half an onion (diced)
1. Pour 2 tbsp of olive oil in a heated pan. Add chopped onions in the pan and as they turn brown, add in garlic, portobello and spinach. Cook them slightly and remove excess water resulted from cooking the vegetables
2. Preheat the oven to 350F. Glazed your baking pan with olive oil to prevent the souffle from sticking at it.
3. Whisk the eggs together. Add salt and pepper, as well as milk. Whisk well.
4. Mix the diced red and yellow peppers with the mixture (3). Add in (1) and pour them into your baking ware.
5. Topped with the Vermont Cheddar cheese. Put int the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
|As you can see, it is stacked with tons of veggies.|